Research Directed Donations
Unlock the Cure
To fund the next wave of scientific breakthroughs, we launched our Unlock the Cure fundraising campaign, a vital step toward implementing research needed to move potential treatments from the lab (pre-clinical) to the TSC community (trials). These discoveries truly make a difference in the lives of individuals and families as they experience their own triumphs and challenges with TSC.
Since 2011 and with your help, more than $4 million of a $5 million goal has been raised for research programs, so together we may strive to:
- Advance our Drug Screening Program to identify FDA-approved drugs that can be repurposed for treatment in TSC or uncovering new compounds that could lead to new treatments.
- Identify Biomarkers needed for future clinical trials, which will be a requirement for measuring progression of disease and effectiveness of new treatments.
- Increase funding of TS Alliance-Supported Research to ensure we have a pipeline for basic and translational studies to feed our Drug Discovery Program.
- Develop a Clinical Research Network to expedite implementation of future clinical trials and to be better able to recruit individuals for clinical studies such as these.
- Expand the TSC Natural History Database to help identify lifelong trends in the physical traits of TSC to improve quality of life and long-term outcomes and to develop a method of quickly identifying individuals for future clinical trials.
The Lauren Krinsky Research Fund
The Lauren Krinsky Family Research Fund for a Cure was created in honor of the contributions made by the Krinsky Family to the TS Alliance. Gifts to this fund will be invested in research toward improving treatment of TSC in individuals of all ages. Contributions will support projects to eliminate—not just shrink—life-threatening tumors in the kidneys, lungs, and brain. This fund will also support projects to test drugs to improve the neuropsychiatric aspects of TSC that impact daily quality of life. Furthermore, contributions to this fund will go toward collecting biospecimens and high-quality clinical data to be used by researchers to learn why the effects of TSC vary greatly from person to person and how we can tailor specific treatments to each individual.
Dr. Rick and Jennifer Glassman Research Fund for a Cure
The Dr. Rick and Jennifer Glassman Research Fund for a Cure was created in honor of the contributions made by both Dr. Rick and Jennifer Glassman to the TS Alliance. Gifts to this fund will be used to move treatments out of the lab and into the clinic. Contributions will be utilized to support drug discovery, clinical trials/studies, the TSC Natural History Database, neurocognitive clinical trials/studies and/or underwriting for a clinical research network.